Sunday, December 4, 2011

Percussion Readiness


Last week, I discovered that one of my young students has an excellent rhythmic memory. We started playing drumsticks on a drum pad for My Musical Mind MIT Percussion Track. She was able to copy more and more sophisticated rhythms.
I found her limit for this time; then I went back to develop what I had introduced to her.

It was very fun. I love seeing what happens when I tap hidden abilities in a student.
Their eyes light up. It’s exciting. It’s a game.

The next Music Reading Readiness Kit for this Percussion student is Level 2.3 -Left/Right with a One-Line Staff. This kit teaches right and left hand motions to play the musical patterns. While combining reading musical symbols and playing them, the child is integrating two complex systems, visual and kinesthetic, and receiving auditory feedback.

© 2011 Kathryn Hardage
www.MuMusicalMind.com

No comments:

Post a Comment